Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Crazy Teaching Month

Starting tomorrow with a mini-class on Colorwork Sock Knitting Techniques, I'm teaching like crazy for the next month.  I have 10 classes in 4 cities and two countries in the next two weeks!  And then Rhinebeck.

Why? Because this is when the festivals are!  Many of us who teach and write about knitting marvel at the way our schedules ebb and flow throughout the year.  Late summer and fall are when the largest festivals are usually held (except Medrona and a couple of other notable exceptions), and this is when we all get to see each other as we convene at these large events.  Every weekend is a new event or two.  February, on the other hand, is eerily quiet.

So, my printer and keyboard are getting a real workout.  My dog now barks at me when I pull into the driveway.  My suitcase looks up at me and says "Oh, no, not again!"  And I wonder where I left my shoes.  (Ohio?)

As tiring as this is, I love it!  I love meeting everyone, and hearing all of their wonderful knitting stories.  I love learning from every student.  I love learning about the styles and preferences of each knitting community.  All my fibery friends who I never see at any other times are a real sight for sore eyes. The dyers, spinners, woodworkers (handmade knitting tools), publishers... It's wonderful to share stories and coffee and lots of hugs.

I'll do my best to keep you up to date in photos and stories.  Please be patient with the reality that I don't always have internet service or time or access to my computer during these events, so posts may come at strange intervals.  Please come out and see Colleen and me in person!

Buffalo Knitting Guild, Buffalo, NY - Oct 4
Northern NJ Fiber Festival, East Rutherford, NJ - Oct 6,7
Creativ Festival, Toronto, Ont Canada - Oct 11, 12, 14
Woodstock Ont Fleece Festival, Woodstock Ont Canada, Oct 13
Dutchess County Sheep and Wool Festival, Rhinebeck, NY - Oct 18, 19, 20, 21

No comments: