Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Charity Hats 2013 KAL

I've made a commitment to myself that I'm going to knit at least one hat per month for 2013 and donate each one to charity.  I don't know whether they'll all go to the same charity or different ones, but I'll post something each month about where they're going.

I used to be much better about charity knitting, and have let it take a back seat to my crazy life and schedule.  In the karmic circle of life, I'm no longer putting out the benevolent energy and example I want to receive, and that needs to change.  Others have been, and are, there for me in my times of need, and I want to, as they say, "Pay it forward."

To that end, I've been designing a simple hat that will be my first charity hat of 2013.  I'll publish the pattern here and on Ravelry, so if you'd like to join in, you can.  A few folks have generously offered to design hats for other months, and I think the variety will be fun.

If you wish to submit an original design for this project, please note: I will need a copy of the completed pattern with a photo of the completed object included by the 15th of the month BEFORE your hat is to appear in the blog.  This KAL has been mentioned on our Facebook page, and on Twitter, and your name will be featured for the month of your pattern being knit. 

I will create a Ravelry group, and I encourage you to participate there.  Invite your friends.  Use up your stash in a way that serves your community.  I look forward to it!

No comments: